Strategic Aims and Values
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people (in particular African Refugees and migrants) from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society.
For the purpose of this clause ‘socially excluded’ means being excluded from society, or parts of society, as a result of one of more of the following factors: unemployment; financial hardship; youth or old age; ill health (physical or mental); substance abuse or dependency including alcohol and drugs; discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, belief, creed, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment; poor educational or skills attainment; relationship and family breakdown; poor housing (that is housing that does not meet basic habitable standards; crime (either as a victim of crime or as an offender rehabilitating into society).
- To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Nottingham and the surrounding area the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
Belong Nottingham aims to deliver its services in accordance with the following principles
- To carry out all aspects of its work in respect to different cultural values
- To encourage independence, choice and sustainable growth
- To value the contributions that Migrants and Refugees make to civic life
- Commitment to excellence and professionalism in all activities
- Service user’s involvement in all aspects of the organisation